Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mom-mom...you got stuff!

I have this fondness for garage sales and for auction sales. What can I say... I love getting stuff cheap. Yes, I do. I'm not ashamed to admit that at all. :)

Anyways, Wednesday night before my boy took ill, we went to an auction sale. While there my boy said (in baby talk) "look mom-mom toys!" Mom-mom took note of that interest and went elsewhere just checking things out. Little boy unhappy with mom's decision to do that. He cried!

Later on mom-mom went back though....she stood and waited and guess what! Mom-mom got the toys! Happy boy he played!!! AND then.......she even got more stuff! what fun!

Yes I did. I got him his toys....lots of plastic farm animals. They become his favourite "I have to have them to bathe and to eat toy".

As I was gathering them up they (auctioneers) moved on to another lot to sell, which no one wanted... stuffies. They added another box, still no takers, they added five lots to the bundle and still no one wanted it, so I offered a dollar and got all the bundles. Had no idea what all was in it, just figured I could garage-sale 10 stuffies for a dime a piece and get my dollar back. Never expected to find a treasure or two, but I did. A nice hamburger press with container for freezing. A good cake taker, a mirror, and a couple other things. My boy even got a barking dog toy out of the deal. All told....a good couple of dollars spent. Do I have stuff I don't need? yep...but that's what spring garage-sales for. :)

anyways, here's my boy investigating the treasure trove.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just so cute! :)I haven't had any blondies until the current baby, so I am just fascinated by children with really blonde hair. :)

I hit a thrift store today, too...got some great deals. :) (Brought home more junk, too...but as you say...I'll have a garage sale in the spring. :) )

Roberta said...

Hi Annette, thanks for joining in the word game. Your son is a dolly-boy. And I do get a thrill in finding a bargain...or two...or three also! :)