Sunday, October 08, 2006

Current Thinking Read

I made a promise to my hubbie a while back that once a month I would read a "thinking" book. What can I say...I often times find it easier to read a good mystery or fantasy than to pick up a book that makes me think. I missed last month due to whole variety of reasons...one being starting to be part of a book club and the rest I don't know... fall stuff I think.

Anyways, It's mid-October and I've FINALLY chosen my "thinking" book for the month.


This is a book by Charles R. Swindoll. It's full title is Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters. It is part of series entitled "Great Lives from God's Word."

I like most of what he writes, not all. I'm hoping this will be be a good one. I got introduced to Chuck years ago when I attended college stateside. LOVED listening and learning from his radio broadcast.

It goes through the lives of Cain, Abraham, Easu, Achan, Samuel, Saul, Abigail, Absalom, Rehoboam, Jabez, naaman, Gehazzi and Uzziah. I have to admit, I am curious about what he will say about some of these people.

I'll try to keep you posted as I go through the book.

No comments: