Friday, September 29, 2006

Calvinism

I was over at this blog this morning.

And I liked this line in her chosen by God entry "But I think it is sometimes easy to go with an interpretation that is comfortable (like the complete free will of man) rather than accept what the scripture actually says. And I think Calvinism makes people uncomfortable."

It is so true. People like to "make up their own religion", even within Christian circles. Something about scripture doesn't make sense to us, so we find a way "biblically" to explain it away. Really believing in Scripture, which Calvinism tends to promote, tends to prevent people from doing that. :)

This lady admits that she is not a Calvinist, but she finds the teachings of Calvinism interesting. AND she likes reading Calvinist authors. For some reason I find that intriguing.

Anyways, go check her out. I find she writes decent posts. She likes to think hard about what she believes.

No comments: