Sunday, May 21, 2006

Jim is off soon...

So tomorrow Jim leaves me for five days.

He goes to a pastor's conference every year hosted by the Banner of Truth Trust. You can find out more about them here.

They are a publishing company that puts on a conference for conservative men every year. Jim goes and has a total blast.

He talks with other godly, conservative pastors and elders.
He buys books.
He listens to good messages preached.

He just has a good time taking a break from all the wear and tear of everyday pastoral life. He comes back totally rejuvenated and ready to take on almost anything again. :)

Though he is missed when he is gone, he is gladly sent off.

When he is gone I will spend 2.5 days with my parents just helping out and visiting. The rest of the time we will be home. Jim's mom is taking the dogs for me all week so I get a break from them as well. :) The house will be quiet for a couple of days without my man and the pooches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course what Annette didn't mention is that I also learn a lot, and the teaching is excellent.