Saturday, April 08, 2006

Unhappy son...

So this weekend Jim and I spent Friday night at his mom's place in London so that we wouldn't have to get up so early on Saturday to get to the trial on time.

Justin was feeling healthy so we got him in for his last set of baby shots. This of course, turned him into a somewhat unhappy child. He wanted to be cuddled, got a set of the sniffles (not sure if it's a cold or prelim to more teething), and didn't sleep worth a diddle Friday night.

Eva told me to sleep and that she would take care of him. Which was nice of her. She just figured..why should both of us be awake when I have a trial to run on the morrow? Good point, but I still think she's a sweetie! :)

Right now Justin is lying in bed...tired as all get out...but basically crying away his life because he doesn't want to go to bed. He wants momma to walk him until he falls asleep...but I know that if I do that...he'll wake up as soon as I lie him down and I'll have to start all over-again. And this momma is tired and wants her little boy to sleep tonight...not be up all the time wanting to be cuddled. :) Makes me feel like a mean momma writing this.... (tell me I'm not a mean momma...really)

This weekend was good/bad. It was mixed with worry for my boy not acting himself. But mixed is was my enjoyment for how well Sassy did at her trial (and spending good time with Jim and other dog people). If you want to know the scoop on that you'll have to go to my other blog for that.

Oh before I forget...a couple of people just made my day by telling my how great they think Sassy is. They just think she is an awesome dog! :) And to top it off... one of those ladies let me say hi to her Border Terrier and told me a bit about them. I have a bit of a long distance love affair with this very cute breed of dog. Not entirely sure at this point that I'd want to own one...but there is something about them that I just really like. Independent minded cuteness....wrapped in a terrier (go after vermin) body.

An update! 12 minutes later....Justin sleeps!!!! AND he sleeps soundly enough that I could put his blanket on over top of him to keep him warm and snuggly!!! YES! I am not a bad mean mommie!!!! My boyo is resting well! YEAH!!! God is good! (and yes, he's good even if he doesn't help my boyo sleep!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey if we had a farm we could justify getting a border terrier to get rid of rats!

I also had an enjoyable time at the trial, even though I spent much of the day going over sermon notes and the like, thus missing much of the action. It is amazing how people are generally pretty quiet around someone who looks like they are working. :)