Friday, July 22, 2005

A Learning Process

Boy oh boy is being a new mom ever a huge learning curve. Makes me wonder how people do it! :) But, they do. And I too will survive this learning curve.

Veronica the lactation consultant has called a couple of times just to see how I am doing, and to offer encouragement and advice. Nice of her to do that...and yes, I know it's her job, but it is still nice to hear words of encouragement over the phone.

Susan, our mid-wife, was planning on coming over tonight to check up on us, but.....there was an accident within the family so she won't be able to come today. She'll come tomorrow instead. She thinks that yesterday when Justin was crying all day that it was a growth spurt that he was going through. All I know is I kept feeding him, he couldn't settle and I'd feed him some more...and it was a never ending merry-go-round. Sleep didn't come easily last night. Today, on the other hand, our little boy is sleeping all day long. :) Such a change.

My hubbie Jim is trying hard to be a good dad and supportive husband as we go through learning process. Makes me love him even more. Go figure that eh.... one wouldn't think that such a change in life could cause a person to love another person, more....but somehow it does. Not that I'm complaining. It's good to have a firm love for one's life partner.

Anyways, time to go to bed so....i'll write more another time.

Annette

No comments: