Saturday, March 12, 2005

hmm....

Brand new to this. Just going to try it out and see what I think.

So what is on my brain these days? Continued anger with the Ontario government over the Pit Bull Legislation. Of all the ill-conceived pieces of legislation! Banning three legal breeds and banning one that isn't even an official breed. And saying that all they are good for is animal research! ICK! Staffy's....dogs that in Ontario haven't even been known to bite people. Pit bulls... which admittedly...can be nasty dogs in the wrong hands...but then what do you do with all those that are nice dogs and have never caused a problem for anyone. Now these dogs are at the mercy of anyone walking by them that MIGHT have an issue with dogs. That's what this legislation really breaks down too!

Pitting neighbours against neighbours! Your dog barks... I'm angry at you for dumping garbage on my front lawn so let me call it a pit bull and let me see you just try to prove that it isn't! And if it isn't registered, and has remote similarities to a pit bull type...well guess what... you get fined, your dog gets destroyed or sent off for research purchases, and your dog hasn't actually bitten anyone...

What can I say...I hate the legislation and the fear that it generates and would love to see it defeated legally or not given royal assent.

No comments: